Saturday, March 27, 2021

War

 I have made battle upon the stars

I have struggled with the universe

Bleeding and punch drunk on my small victories
Winning an inch
Cheating destiny
Like an outlaw shouting my defiance
I would not be bound by the universe
I would fight to become
To heal
Fate was not my mistress
I Wild, defiant rebellious woman
Refusing to bow
Until Fate brought me You
At once a fatal blow
I am laid low
I am undone
I kiss my hands to the stars
I lay down my weapons
At last peace
I can not fight
I am at once still
I stand beneath the moon with your hand in mine and I am calmed.
For all my scars are healed at once
In the light of us
Now the stars soften and I am distracted
By your eyes and your soft smile
I take your hand
But every now and then
I look at Fate
Gimlet gazed
I remind Her
That I am always what I once was
I remind the stars that my knives cut
And for this I may be prepared to die
For this I will fight
For this peace I will go to War
For is there any creature more determined than a warrior who has discovered her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment